* NOTICE: Mr. Center's Wall is on indefinite hiatus. Got something to say about it? Click HERE and type.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Podcast #3 -- "TALENTS" (or, in this case, "LAND") (and it's short!)

I wasn't planning on this, and maybe it makes no sense.  Maybe it was my subconscious working in an attempt to make up for the ridiculously convoluted stream of random ideas I presented yesterday.  This one, I think, works and is maybe even more applicable.  AND IT'S SHORT!  (I know; I said that already.)


I didn't get into the details of the parable from Matthew (chapter 25, by the way, if you're interested), but there's a lot more we could talk about.  Call it the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Call it Karma.  Whatever.  Regardless of whatever you choose to call it, though, and if you believe this stuff from one side or another, well, then, how comforting!  (And this is one of the greatest things about literature, with or without religion tacked to it: it applies to real life!)  Maybe God didn't give me much, but as long as I do my best with it, well, maybe He'll take me in when It's all over after all. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I think Matthew 25 may well be the most theologically packed chapter in all of Scripture. I can see your parallels that lead you to think that maybe he is getting what he deserves, but Matthew 25 does not stop with the parable of the talents. The part of which I think when I hear Matthew 25 is actually the next part.

    " 'for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ "

    Well, what does that sound like? To me, that sounds like what Adam does for Cathy. If there's any theological justice, he should be rewarded for that, but it turns out that instead of welcoming Jesus, he welcomes the devil. So the book's relation to Scripture almost depends upon which section of Matthew 25 you are reading. Very interesting point you brought up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. And certainly there's importance (and I've looked at this a lot) in taking an entire chapter as context for any piece within it. I guess I was isolating the parable. And, yes, I love Matthew 25.

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to subscribe to the thread to receive discussion updates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...