* NOTICE: Mr. Center's Wall is on indefinite hiatus. Got something to say about it? Click HERE and type.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BOOKMASH #2: By Me

"The 3 a.m. Epiphany"
The 3 a.m. Epiphany,
A Self-Portrait in Letters
Slow Learner:
Be a nose, be a nose, be a nose where
you once belonged!
--The lunatic at large ::
   the revenge of the babysat--




*** 

"Through the Looking Glass"
Through the Looking Glass,
The hero with a thousand faces, the
beauty of the beastly:
Fatherhood,
a confederacy of dunces.

Nothing like it in the world, / .
b/Believe it or not! / :
( / _I'm just here for the food.) / _

*

Assemble your own BOOKMASH and send it HERE!

6 comments:

  1. "The Republic"

    East of Eden,
    Light in August,
    Oryx and Crake
    Catch-22
    Leviathan
    Praying through the Bible.
    Purgatorio.

    Only question is whether the plural of "leviathan" is "leviathan," as I assert, or, "leviathans." Don't have any good way to take photos. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the coolest things about this type of poetry is the added depth brought by any understanding/impression of the books/authors in the newly created context. And you've read Oryx and Crake then? What do you think of Atwood? I need to read more of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. h, and leviathan is a transliteration of the Hebrew word for whale and its plural is a standard, boring -s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. No, I picked it up on your recommendation, I believe, but I have not read it yet. I enjoyed, "The Handmaiden's Tale," although parts of it were a little TOO feminist for me. On that list, I have not read "Light in August," "Oryx and Crake," and, "Catch-22." That is why I brought them with me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know "Light in August," but "Catch-22" is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read pathetically little Faulkner. Mostly short stuff and Sound and the Fury.

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to subscribe to the thread to receive discussion updates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...