What do you think so far?
(The questions below are optional--except #2. Answer #2. Please.)
- Why is Mrs. Reed at all concerned with how Jane may speak of her and Gateshead while at Lowood?
- Now that Jane is away from Gateshead, how do you think her behavior will change or how others think of her?
- What lesson is Jane to learn from the girl with the book?
- What do we know about Jane, combined with what we know about storytelling in general, that might help us make some predictions for her future?
- What of the other orphans?