When else has Cathy made such consistent appearances? When else has she been so rattled for more than a paragraph at a time? When else has someone worked directly against her? When else has she remained so consistently agitated?
Better yet--if a mighty climax you desire--Aron's home from college, Cal's under-appreciated, and Thanksgiving is coming when Adam plans, though indirectly and with typical oblivion, to shunt Cain--I mean Cal.
- Why does Joe feel as though maybe somebody's come in to root through his stuff? What's the devil over shoulder on about?
- Is Joe's instinct against Cathy is correct, is someone--a higher power--assisting him, or is he just bumbling and lucky (unless it all turns to pot!)?
- Is Cathy a "soup carrier?"
- What's in the capsule in her necklace?
- Why is she inquisitive after the goings-on of the funeral?