- "I see now that it was Lila who, when I was sixteen, gave me hope that I might forget that night at the Gorge."
- Paola is to Sibilla as The Divine Comedy is to the atom bomb. Ha!
- "...in order to be able to move forward we behave as if everything we see is real."
- Who/what are: Lila Saba, the First Folio, Clarabelle's Treasure, Queen Loana, Angelo Bear; and what other pivotal character-symbols might there be (given by collective labels is just fine)?
- "And at last, great God, I saw. I saw like the apostle, I saw the center of my Aleph from which shone forth not the infinite world, but the jumbled notebook of my memories."
- John the Revelator's The Book of Revelation?
- What is the value of the various illustrations, aside from their beauty and/or design?
- At the end of The Wizard of Oz we get the reunion of Dorothy and the farm hands, but also with the characters of Oz itself, from which she was is just as distanced as she was from her family, and an interesting reunion inasmuch as the family/hands and Ozites are the same people--a kinda body+spirit=soul thing. Is the end of Mysterious Flame much like Oz?
- The acceleration to the end leads to what? What is the blacking of the sun?
- Compare Cyrano and Christian to Paula and Sibilla (either Sibilla/Lila), wherein I believe the crucial connection lay.
- What is the arc of the story, and is the conflict(what's the conflict?) resolved?
* NOTICE: Mr. Center's Wall is on indefinite hiatus. Got something to say about it? Click HERE and type.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana XIX -- chapter 18: IT'S A TWISTER!
All-Time Most Popular
- Sunday Poetry XV -- Art Chirography or Concrete Poetry
- WHAT RHYMES WITH ORANGE?
- WEDNESDAY'S FOR KIDS, Inaugural Post
- WEDNESDAY'S FOR KIDS II: Carle, Frostic, and Pickles
- Wednesday's for Kids IX -- DROODLES AND MAD LIBS, ONLY BETTER!
- DUBLINERS, by James Joyce: "The Sisters"
- INVISIBLE CITIES IV -- Cities and Desire: DOROTHEA
- INVISIBLE CITIES XV -- Cities and Desire: FEDORA
- AUTUMN, by T.E. Hulme
- INVISIBLE CITIES II -- Cities and Memory 1: DIOMIRA