- There is a semi-recurring theme of water, fountains, pipes, wells and windlasses, and the like. Thoughts?
- "Lavabo" is a great word, isn't it?
- If all the cities are just a million impressions or vantages of the same city, what is the point from which Armilla is being viewed?
- Contrast Armilla to Hypatia regarding Polo's proximity to them. For example, Armilla: "In the morning you hear them singing" connotes, to me anyway, distance, as opposed to Polo's extended residency in Hypatia.
- Is there a difference, fundamentally (and perhaps perspective is a required component to this answer), between a city destroyed and a city unfinished?
* NOTICE: Mr. Center's Wall is on indefinite hiatus. Got something to say about it? Click HERE and type.
Monday, August 1, 2011
INVISIBLE CITIES XXIII -- Thin Cities: ARMILLA
All-Time Most Popular
- Sunday Poetry XV -- Art Chirography or Concrete Poetry
- WHAT RHYMES WITH ORANGE?
- WEDNESDAY'S FOR KIDS, Inaugural Post
- WEDNESDAY'S FOR KIDS II: Carle, Frostic, and Pickles
- Wednesday's for Kids IX -- DROODLES AND MAD LIBS, ONLY BETTER!
- DUBLINERS, by James Joyce: "The Sisters"
- INVISIBLE CITIES IV -- Cities and Desire: DOROTHEA
- INVISIBLE CITIES XV -- Cities and Desire: FEDORA
- INVISIBLE CITIES II -- Cities and Memory 1: DIOMIRA
- AUTUMN, by T.E. Hulme